The Wendelstedt Umpire School holds an M-1 classification from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security. We are authorized to issue form I-20 certificates of eligibility to international students that register and are accepted to attend the Wendelstedt Umpire School. We are the ONLY independently run professional training program accepting M-1 students.
In order to obtain the necessary M-1, international students must enroll with the Wendelstedt Umpire School before making any other arrangements. Students will then be sent a Form I-20 from the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System by the school. The student will then take the Form I-20 to a U.S. embassy or consulate in the home country to obtain the M-1 visa.
When applying at the consulate for the student visa, the student:
- Will have to pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Must complete and sign an application Form DS-156, completed and signed. There are no costs for these forms.
- Must complete and sign a DS-157 form for male students age 16-45.
- Must bring a passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the intended period of stay in the United States.
- Must bring a photograph 1 and 1/2 inches square (37x37mm) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background.
- Must bring the completed Form I-20 sent from the school.
- Will need to show that he has enough money to support himself.
Students admitted into the program with an M-1 visa will be allowed to stay for the training period (2/4/18), plus a thirty-day grace period. This will be noted in the I-94 departure cards that will be stamped as they enter the United States.
Please be advised that once all information is completed it may take 3 months to complete processing. Completing a hard copy enrollment may further delay this process. We recommend completing an instant online enrollment.